Friday, January 29, 2010

Tonight Andrew and I went to dinner at what I like to call our favorite restaurant but really it is just mine and he is sweet enough to take me there whenever I want to go. It was just the two of us, which is a rare thing, so we were enjoying deeper conversations than usual. We were discussing the future, in particular the near future. He is graduating from college in May and has a pretty big decision to make of where to go to seminary. He has many options in mind but is planning to start visiting soon to determine which places he likes best and where he feels God is leading him. So, this coming year is a big one for him, one with a lot of important decisions, changes, and the ending of one chapter with the beginning of a new.

As we talked about such things, I started thinking that this year is not only life changing for Andrew but for many people in my life, as well as myself. One of my roommates, Meredith, will be graduating in May. She has already interviewed with a prestigious company and will be finding out the outcome here in the next couple of weeks. I am praying the internship works out for her. She will also be living with me for another year, which is an adventure in itself. My other two roommates, Erin and Janie, are engaged, which is absolutely so fun and exciting. They are both busy picking out invitations, bridesmaid dresses, their gown, venue, etc. to prepare for their big day. Obviously, both of their lives will be changing drastically. They will be graduating from college this year, getting married, and beginning their careers. Wow.

As for myself, I will be finishing school in December, which seems really far away but in reality it isn't. I will be looking for a job. What kind of job? I don't know. Where? Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question either. The job market is competitive and I have to be willing to go wherever I can find a well-paying job. The thought of leaving a place I have become so comfortable with, yet again, is frightening.

So, this year is full of a lot of uncertainties and unknowns for all of us. I think we are all a bit sentimental, sad to leave all this behind, yet looking forward to what lies ahead. These past few years have flown by for us all. We have shared so many fun times together and it will be sad to part but exciting to share all the fun ahead, the weddings, career dreams being fulfilled, babies (God willing, in the WAY far off future) and all of lives precious offerings. I am so nervous for the future but excited to begin a new chapter in life.

For now I plan to enjoy the next year. It is my last year in school, which seems like such a blessing now but one day I'm sure I will wish I was back. It is my last couple of months to live in a house with some of the very best friends anyone could have. It is my last year without my very own job. This year brings upon a lot of lasts, which means the first of many things are sure to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment